The Best Lawyers in America
The Best Lawyers in America
Cobb Martinez Woodward is proud to announce that it has been selected again as a Best Law Firm with Tier 1 rankings in the Dallas/Fort Worth metro region in the following practice areas: Commercial Litigation, Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, and Professional Malpractice Law – Defendants. The “Best Law Firms” list is published by U.S. News & World Report and BL Rankings. To be eligible for a ranking in “Best Law Firms”, a law firm must have at least one recognized lawyer who is included in Best Lawyers in a particular geographic region and practice area combination. Recognition in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers.
Cobb Martinez Woodward attorneys with individual recognition are:
- Bill Cobb – “Best Lawyers in America” in Legal Malpractice Law, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law, Legal Malpractice Law-Defendants, Product Liability Litigation-Defendants, Professional Malpractice Law-Defendants.
- Daniel D. Tostrud – “Best Lawyers in America” in Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law, Legal Malpractice Law-Defendants, Professional Malpractice Law-Defendants. Lawyer of the Year for Professional Malpractice Law-Defendants
- Lindsey Wyrick – “Best Lawyers in America” in Legal Malpractice Law-Defendants
- Carrie Johnson Phaneuf – “Best Lawyers in America” in Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law, Legal Malpractice Law-Defendants, Professional Malpractice Law-Defendants
- Matthew E. Last – “Best Lawyers in America” in Commercial Litigation
- Stacy Hoffman Bruce – “Best Lawyers in America” in Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Katherine Elrich – “Best Lawyers in America” in Appellate Practice
- Larry Johnson – “Best Lawyers in America” in Professional Malpractice Law – Defendants
- Jonathon LaMendola – “Best Lawyers in America” in Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Jeff Nicodemus – “Best Lawyers in America” in Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Michael C. Smith – “Best Lawyers in America” in Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Simon Whiting – “Best Lawyers in America” in Employment Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Andrew Willard – “Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch” in Litigation – Construction & Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters service) is a list of outstanding attorneys who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters service, annually identifies the top five percent of Texas lawyers, as chosen by their peers and through the independent research of Thomson Reuters. The following attorneys were each independently and individually named Texas Super Lawyers:
- Bill Cobb (2003-2023) “Top 100 Lawyers in DFW” (2023)
- Daniel D. Tostrud (2004-2023)
- Michael Smith (2013-2023)
- Carrie Johnson Phaneuf (2013-2023)
- Jeffrey Nicodemus (2014-2023)
- Katherine Elrich (2014-2023) “Top 100 Lawyers in DFW” “Top 50 Women Lawyers in Texas” (2023)
- Jonathan LaMendola (2019-2023)
- Stacy Bruce (2023)
- Larry Johnson (2023)
Texas Rising Stars
Each year, Super Lawyers ® (a Thomson Reuters service) identifies the top up-and-coming attorneys in Texas. Rising Stars are selected using independent criteria similar to that of Super Lawyers and represent only the top 2.5% of Texas lawyers 40 and younger or who have been practicing law for ten years or less. Cobb Martinez Woodward is proud of the 2018 Rising Stars:
D Magazine's "Best Lawyers in Dallas"
D Magazine (D Magazine Partners, Inc.) reports that its selections are based on an extensive peer review process, relying on the expertise of local lawyers to determine rankings. The publication asked lawyers to base selections on personal experience with nominees. D Magazine presented the tallied results to an anonymous panel of lawyers for review and evaluation. The finalists were ultimately selected by the panel, and D Magazine editorial staff based on the final number of votes in each practice area. The following attorneys were each independently and individually named to the D Magazine list of “Best Lawyers in Dallas”:
- Bill Cobb (2012-2023) – Business/Commercial Litigation
- Daniel D. Tostrud (2012-2017, 2019-2023) – Professional Liability Litigation
- Carrie Phaneuf (2014, 2016-2023) – Professional Liability Litigation
- Katherine Elrich (2014, 2016-2023) – Appellate Law
- Lindsey Wyrick (2020, 2022-2023) – Professional Liability Litigation
® Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
® Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
Cobb Martinez Woodward has been named in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers by Martindale-Hubbell. For over 100 years, the Bar Register has been a unique guide to the legal community’s most eminent professionals. It includes only those select law practices that have earned the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory and have been designated by their colleagues as preeminent in their field.
® Peer Review
® Peer Review
Cobb Martinez Woodward has earned a Top Ranked Law Firm AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell. For more than 140 years, Martindale-Hubbell TM has been regarded as one of the world’s most authoritative resources on legal information resources. The Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings ® attest to a lawyer’s legal ability and professional ethics and reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and Judiciary. For several consecutive years, Cobb Martinez Woodward has earned an AV rating, denoting the firm as a preeminent law firm providing the highest level of legal skill and integrity.
American College of Trial Lawyers
Bill Cobb has been inducted as a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, one of the premier legal associations in America. Founded in 1950, the College is composed of the best of the trial bar from the United States and Canada. Fellowship in the College is extended by invitation only, and only after careful investigation, to those experienced trial lawyers who have mastered the art of advocacy and whose professional careers have been marked by the highest standards of ethical conduct, professionalism, civility and collegiality. Lawyers must have a minimum of fifteen years trial experience before they can be considered for Fellowship. Membership in the College cannot exceed one percent of the total lawyer population of any state or province. The College strives to improve and elevate the standards of trial practice, the administration of justice and the ethics of the trial profession. Qualified lawyers are called to Fellowship in the College from all branches of trial practice. They are carefully selected from among those who customarily represent plaintiffs in civil cases and those who customarily represent defendants, those who prosecute individuals accused of crime and those who defend them. The College is thus able to speak with a balanced voice on important issues affecting the legal profession and the administration of justice.
American Board of Trial Advocates
The American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) was established to preserve the constitutional vision of equal justice for all Americans. Its mission is to foster improvement in the ethical and technical standards of legal practice to ensure that individuals facing trial receive the most effective representation possible and to see that everyone benefits from a more efficient judicial system. To be considered for inclusion in ABOTA, a lawyer must meet a number of strict criteria, among them being lead counsel in a number of jury trials and exhibiting exceptional integrity, honor and courtesy in the legal profession. At Cobb Martinez Woodward, we are pleased that Bill Cobb and Simon Whiting are members of ABOTA.
American Bar Association (ABA)
Dallas Bar Association (DBA)
Defense Research Institute (DRI)
American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
National Legal Malpractice Data Center
Texas Association of Defense Counsel
Professional Liability Defense Federation
Claims and Litigation Management (CLM) Alliance