Our attorneys have the experience, knowledge, and practical insights that are essential when challenging or defending the outcome of trial litigation through the appellate process. We are dedicated to providing quality appellate services in both federal and state appellate courts. We have appeared in various appellate courts throughout the State of Texas, the Texas Supreme Court, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. We offer experience in a wide array of practices and industries, including professional liability, business and commercial disputes, construction, health care, labor and employment, and premises liability. We are respected throughout the State of Texas for our quality briefs and effective oral advocacy.
But our appellate practice is much more than writing good briefs and presenting compelling oral arguments in the court of appeals. We believe that our representation becomes even more effective when we are able to partner with trial counsel – from inside and outside of the firm – and prepare for the subsequent questions that may arise on appeal. Examples of such representation include:
- Analysis of claims, defenses, damages, and other remedies
- Analysis of legal issues potentially impacting the case
- Protection of jurisdictional rights through special appearances in the trial court and interlocutory appeals of special appearance orders
- Preparation of dispositive motions, other complex motions, and trial briefs
- Monitoring and providing trial support on error-preservation questions
- Preparation of jury instructions, along with preserving error in jury charge conferences
- Preparation of post-verdict and post-judgment motions
- Oral advocacy at any critical stage of the litigation
Our appellate team is prepared to achieve the right outcome at trial and through appeal.