PRACTICESPremises Liability Defense
Product Liability Defense
EDUCATIONSt. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
J.D. - 1999
University of Texas at Austin
B.A. in Psychology - 1996
- Texas, 1999
- Northern District of Texas
Justin H. Roy
Justin Roy is an experienced litigator who utilizes his broad experience and advocacy to find sound solutions for his clients. He focuses on the client’s objectives and goals and strives to achieve the best result for his client.Prior to joining Cobb Martinez Woodward, Justin was a Senior Assistant City Attorney for the City of Dallas in its general litigation section and litigated cases in many different areas of the law, including disputes involving zoning and land use, contracts, fair housing, constitutional law, minimal housing standards, and environmental violations. Prior to his time at the City, Justin was an associate at a mid-sized litigation firm where he handled personal injury cases with a primary focus on mass toxic tort litigation. He defended product manufacturers as well as premises owners in lawsuits alleging injury and diseases from asbestos exposure. Justin successfully represented large corporations, including Fortune 100 companies, in cases involving multi-million-dollar claims. His experience includes trials, hearings, motions, depositions, mediations, and settlement negotiations. Justin began his career working as in-house staff counsel for a major insurance carrier where he handled personal injury cases.
- Helped defend the City of Dallas in a three-week inverse condemnation trial while taking an active role in examining multiple expert and fact witnesses.
- Helped defend the City of Dallas in a two-day temporary injunction hearing involving multiple expert witnesses where the City had shut off a major waste treatment contributor’s sewer connection.
- Successfully defended the City of Dallas in two lawsuits attempting to overturn re-zoning decisions by the City by obtaining favorable rulings on the City’s jurisdictional challenges.
- At the City of Dallas filed numerous fair housing cases on behalf of individuals and obtained numerous favorable settlements on their behalf.
- Successfully defended the City of Dallas in a federal lawsuit alleging the City had violated fair housing laws when it denied City funds for a development in the City.
- At the City of Dallas successfully litigated numerous cases against property owners who were managing their properties below minimal housing standards.
- At the City of Dallas appeared numerous times before various boards and commissions representing City departments related to mandatory crime reduction programs, permits, variances, and appeals of zoning determinations.
- Represented national manufacturers of roofing, pipe products, and brake products in hundreds of products liability cases in federal and state courts.
- In his first year out of law school, tried five personal injury cases to verdict.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association