Premises Liability Defense
Professional Licensure Defense
EDUCATIONNew England Law, J.D., 2008
- Dean's List (2005-2008)
- Charles Hamilton Houston Scholar (2005)
- New England Journal on Criminal & Civil Confinement, Executive Case and Note Editor
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, 2005
- Dean's List (2001 and 2002)
- Omicron Delta Epsilon - Economics Honor Society (2002-2004)
- Texas, 2009
- US District Courts for Northern, Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
Daniel A. Ortega
Daniel Ortega represents business and professionals in a broad range of legal matters, including insurance defense, premises liability, commercial litigation, personal injury defense, professional liability defense, and landlord-tenant matters. In each matter, he focuses on the client’s objective and goals and strives to achieve the best result for his client.
Prior to joining Cobb Martinez Woodward, Daniel gained valuable experience at a Dallas mid-sized litigation firm in its commercial litigation department in representing financial institutions and clients in a wide variety of matters, including breach of contracts and guaranty agreements, employment and restrictive covenant matters, breach of fiduciary claims, suit on sworn account, and misappropriation of trade secrets matters. He also practiced at an insurance defense firm in South Texas in effectively defending clients in in Texas state courts and federal courts.
- Represented businesses in hundreds of premises liability defense matters and obtained summary judgment in several federal and state courts.
- Represented financial institution in dispute involving breach of executive employment agreements and breach of non-solicitation agreements.
- Member of a litigation team representing an energy company in a multi-district civil litigation and environmental lawsuit.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association