Architect & Engineer DefenseArchitects, engineers, and surveyors are involved in planning, designing, and overseeing projects that typically involve many different parties and levels of complexity. Design professionals routinely face tasks and responsibilities that require legal advice such as:
- Writing proposals and then drafting and negotiating contracts with owners and consultants
- Handling bidding issues
- Negotiating change orders, claims for extras, requests for extensions of project schedules and claims for extended general conditions
- Reporting on construction site injuries
- Negotiating labor and employment issues, such as terminations and union disputes
- Defending claims arising from alleged deficiencies in a completed project
Each of these responsibilities involves managing risk and identifying and resolving potential legal issues. Our lawyers have the experience and access to technical resources required to assist you in managing all of the situations you face.